Sunday, December 4, 2011

The visitors

Linda had been out for a walk with Tasha, the next door poodle, when she said to me "they're here!", and in they came.  Frodo, Gizmo aka 'mo, and Babs, the three grand dogs.  Their "parents" Jon and Darlene came in behind them.  Grammy had prepared with the water bowls, and I presented my "newest creation" a picture of Babs, who used to be know as Babe, but that's another story.

After we had some nice conversation we all decided to go walk on the Bangor Waterfront, a nice park on the river.  Soon there will be a dog park at the far end where dogs can go off leash, but it's not done yet.
We walked up and down the walkway, I went to the car after my leg became numb, Jon came with me.  Darlene and Linda went further down the trail to the gate.  After the gate the crews are still working on (1) a new outdoor performance center, and (2) continued trail work and a dog park.

What we didn't know before we got there is the Bangor Festival of Lights parade, and floats and some staging was going on already.  Jon and I drove down and collected the rest so we could head home, before we would have to wait three of four hours trapped by the parade.

Linda and I came back home and the "rest of the tribe" headed back to Old Orchard Beach while the sun was shining.
Top to bottom: Frodo, Gizmo and Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment