Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stupid?

  Yesterday in Bangor, Maine a man standing on an observation deck overlooking Kenduskeag Stream wanted a closer look; he climbed under the railing and jumped 12 or 15 feet, landed in the wrong place and broke two legs.  He is 35 years old, should know better, but went ahead and did it anyway.
  People, including me, do stupid things, things you know better than to do, but you just go ahead and to it anyway.  Maybe it's that last car you bought, or some clothes that aren't quite "right".  Maybe it's a new haircut, well haircuts are okay, the difference between a bad haircut and a good one is about two weeks.
  Politicians seem very well suited for doing stupid things - and if I hadn't just lost the ability to think I'd name some..........stupid isn't it?

  My old friend, Ralph, used to say "I'm not stooped, but my brother is.....
He walks like this!"

No comments:

Post a Comment