Saturday, April 21, 2012

Waiting

Our backyard in Carmel, not now - click
  I get antsy in the Spring.  I am always waiting for the "fringies", those tiny opening buds that will be leaves, kind of like that photo.
  After the robins came in the snow, the days got warmer (really warmer for a week), my winter coat got put away and the daffodils blossomed, I was still waiting for the fringies.
  I don't have to wait any longer for most things, and a little longer for the red maples to turn green.  I can see the buds of apple blossoms......that's exciting and it makes me walk a little longer.
  I will still have to wait to spot a Canada Lily or Lady Slipper, but I have been told that the Spring Peepers (frogs) are out; I haven't been able to hear those, or crickets, for years; hearing aids don't work for all things.
  Our grand-dogs are coming to visit today, Gizmo, Frodo and Babe will arrive in a great rush to get out of the car and onto the grass.  Dogs will be dogs, then they can come inside for some water.
Out in the yard
I took this Canada Lily photo in Winterport a couple of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment