Monday, February 25, 2013

More about middle America

  Maybe I've figured out the photo thing, of course it will change again in a few days, never leave well enough alone; that's how things are done on the World Wide Web - just an opinion.  I made another visit around the USA newspapers, I'll share what I saw today and tomorrow.
A screech owl family, Mom is sleeping, 3 young ones awake. - click to enlarge
Photo: Phoebe Janzen via www.kansas.com The Wichita Eagle
  The 50 best Reader Photos are still posted on the Wichita Eagle website.  I must say that area has some very good amateur photographers, again that's my opinion.  Yes! I'm aware that many other places do too.  I like the owls at lot, I've very rarely seen one, but used to hear one while on my early morning walks.  Those walks seem like a life time ago, but I am working my way back.
In Rocky Mountain National Park - click to enlarge
Photo: Amelia Doyle via www.kansas.com
  Amelia is 15 years old, and she just thought other people would enjoy this view. It's a beauty, melting snow make for fast water.  Miss Doyle was traveling with her family to Colorado a neighboring State.
Wheat Cemetery - click to enlarge
Photo: Laura Bergman via www.kansas.com
  The wheat field is tight against the fence of an overgrown cemetery in Kanopolis Reservoir, Kansas.  Great photo of one of the chief crops of Kansas, and a sad reminder of many forgotten family cemeteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment