Thursday, May 9, 2013

Now what?

See what I mean?
Photo: www.oocities.org
  I am finding, the longer I'm retired, that I no longer have time to work; even if I had a job.  Yesterday was a fine example.  I went for a two mile walk which ended at 4:45AM, then I had coffee with some friends at 5.  After coffee a trip to Wal-Mart for some frozen fruit (for smoothies) and a box of cereal.  I got home at 6:30AM for a couple of hours of sports on TV and some reading online.
  I left again at 9 and picked up Flo for some tests at the Vascular Care joint at Eastern Maine Medical Center.  They took Flo in at 9:45, and I waited.  I had told my friend I'd pick him up at 11:00AM so we could go to a meeting - but at 11 I was still waiting so Jeff (my friend) walked and I finally got to the meeting at 11:51AM!
  After the meeting, which was great, I took Jeff on a couple of errands, dropped him off and I was home at 2:15PM.
  Whew!  I wasn't that busy in my last 15 years on any job I had, there were two.  Waiting is a killer for me.  What's wrong with reading old magazines anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment