Monday, January 6, 2014

Just an opinion

The geezer hisself, age 8
  Some background:  My parents were members of the Second Baptist Church.  The Second Baptist came in to being during the Civil War.  During that time northern churches that were "Southern Baptist" changed their name.  My parents were absolute believers in the Bible.  That belief led to their following of Proverbs 13:24 "......spare the rod, spoil the child.......".
  As a child who would now be seen as Attention Deficit, Hyperactive with Impulsive control issues,  I gave my parents plenty of opportunity to follow their beliefs.  It didn't work!

  Now on to important stuff, the wind chill in Minot North Dakota this morning, right now, is minus 51 degrees.  -51!!  That's cold!  Here in Levant we have a bit of freezing rain, with rising temps.  I will not be joining the group for coffee today.

No comments:

Post a Comment