Saturday, May 31, 2014

What are speed limits for?

Photo: www.shutterstock.com
  The roads and streets I travel on have some of these very signs, 25, 35, 40 and 45.  Maine Department of Transportation has raised the speed limits on Interstate highways in Maine to 70 and 75.  I don't ever recall seeing a 20mph sign.
  I drive pretty close to the speed limit, I always leave in plenty of time to avoid being late.  I am always awake in time not to be late for anything, hell it's a phobia with me.
  So why do I always get stuck in front of someone who always seems to be running late?  Why?  I will signal and pull over to let one of "those" pass if it's safe to do that.  I will not risk a fine to speed up to appease them.
  So if you're up here in Maine on State Route 222 keep that in mind - between the hours of 3:00AM and 3:00PM.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment