|I am guilty - click to enlarge|
Illustration: Nick Galifiankakis
There had NOT been a payment made, we (me and the telephone company man) were wrong; no payment had been processed.
I went on line to the company and attempted to "manually" make a payment, no good.
Here's the answer. The bank has recently replaced my debit card with a new one that's more secure. The new card has a new expiration date and security code (those 3 numbers on the back).
Once I set up payments with the new information all was almost right with the world. I still made a manual payment, but the phone company processed the payment too. I'm all paid up until August!