Thursday, October 1, 2009

Have you...

...had one of those days,
where, it seems, you're lost in a daze?
I think one of those happened to me,
yesterday was kind of wasted you see.

Oh the morning went really well,
the numbers on the pedometer swell;
and the meeting was really good;
people doing what people should.

But after that is kind of downhill,
sort of like taking a "waste-a-day" pill!
I had a new battery put in the car,
but there was a mix up, before they went too far.

The battery that was on the listed in the book,
for the car was wrong, you could tell by the look;
the terminal posts were in the wrong place,
so the battery used was like the one it replace(d).

Then I had to wait for what seemed like hours,
to pick up Peggy for an appointment - hers not ours,
even after I took her I had to wait longer,
back to walking, the number (pedometer) looked stronger.

So...after doing all that, that was nothing,
I got to go home, sit and do nothing.
The day really wasn't a waste at all,
it was me that needed to get on the ball.

So today even after getting up at eleven,
I'll need to do better at just plain livin'
Walking and going to a great meeting,
will keep me in practice, for giving a greeting.

I'll change my outlook on the use of time,
maybe make some good habits mine;
but if I just keep putting along,
it's really okay, I did nothing wrong.

I did remember to visit the site,
and give those critters a bit to bite,
and if you want to, why not belong,
to www.theanimalrescuesite.com?

And while you're at it, please don't forget,
if you're in a program you will not regret;
the past is something you may look back on,
but now, with a groups help, you're really strong.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment