Sunday, November 22, 2009

Have you....

....ever wondered what it would be like,
to hit by a car or run over by a bike?
Let's try the car thing since they're more common,
why would one hit you, that is the problem.

Yesterday morning at just daylight,
I pushed the button, and I got the walk light,
stepped into the crosswalk and lo and behold,
some guy in a car - must have thought I was too old!

Now - let's think this over, it's partly my fault,
I should have looked all around before my big vault;
he just brushed my pants leg, didn't bother to stop,
the guy right behind him asked if I needed a cop.

There's a good lesson here - for all of us walkers, a reason to shout;
if you're deaf like me - watch out, watch out, watch out!
I'm going today, maybe in the same place,
but I won't be trying to give any cars - a fast race!

Please try to remember people in need,
there are so many hungry to feed,
you can help by donation of money or time,
go to a soup kitchen and work on the line.

And, as always, remember to Live and Let Live,
someone you don't care for, must have something to give,
we are not always right - there is room to compromise,
and in the end - YOU might win a prize.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment