Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How many....

....times do I tell myself, you could have done it better,
guess that's just the way I am, right down to the letter;
I know there's usually more than one way,
to do most things on which I have a say.

There is one way that I like the best,
it's a way that can be used north, south, east or west;
when the time comes to just go and do it,
I just say, oh heck - screw it!

The ankle is no better, sent an email to the doc,
well, he wasn't in, or won't be, he wasn't on the clock,
so I was given a choice of substitute,
and I will see her Friday - isn't that a hoot?

But, I made it to a meeting, helped to set it up,
Brian made coffee twice, before we had a cup;
the meeting was a little small, but it was very good,
I got something out of it, just like I should.

We spoke of Easy Does It, and Live and Let Live,
went around the room, asked everyone to give...
...some kind of example, how to grow and improve,
get out act together, don't just sit! Get out and move!

So today I'll do things differently, at least that's a start,
take the wife to breakfast, I can do my part;
then there's an appointment, hers not mine,
and some other errands that take a little time.

I'll push the 'purple button' just like the rest of you,
when it comes to helping critters, that's the thing to do;
and try to do a least one thing to help my fellow man,
do that everyday, and you've got yourself a plan.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment