Thursday, November 5, 2009

Well...

...it's over! What a insult to my psyche, and my troubled mind,
the Yankees win the series, how do I leave this damage behind?
I will probably wonder if the outcome would be the same,
maybe different players, or some change in the game?

I'm going to leave that all behind me now, I'll be okay I know,
after all the Celtics have won five games in a row.
Baseball is all over, except for trades, rumors and stories;
there will be next season, for the Red Sox and their glories.

There is much more to life than these trivial pursuits,
like taking good care of myself, eat my veggies and my fruits;
take a little walking too - well after medical clearance;
go to meeting, paint some too, add to my experience.

I have pushed that purple button, I do it every day,
all those critters sheltered, have to eat, there is no other way;
and there are hungry people, right here on our streets,
please help and find some funds to help them get some eats.

And welcome a new comer if you meet one today,
tell him your name, and make him comfortable some way;
some times there aren't any, and some times quite a few,
smile, shake hands and tell him "this chair is just for you"!

No comments:

Post a Comment