Thursday, November 12, 2009

Today...

....I guess, I'll calm things down,
"he says easily but with a frown";
why would anyone say a thing like that,
he says "shake things up, stuffs old hat".

Had enough?

Yesterday was a very good day,
a short walk, coffee and a meeting, what would you say?
It was a very good meeting, the meaning was there,
then I walked in the parade; just to be fair.

The folks all lined up, all colors and ages,
to watch us walk by, while a new war rages;
I guess the country doesn't want to run out,
of guys like me, with little or no clout.

One after the other, wars start and wane,
one would think there should be peace for a change;
but on and on and on they go,
'cause they make money, for folks in the know.

So today - I won't alter my plans,
walking, coffee and a meeting, raised hands;
hoping to have some differences made,
stand in the sunshine and walk in the shade.

Don't forget to go feed the wee beasts,
give them something on which to feast;
and of course people need our help too,
whose turn is it? Me or you?

Live and Let Live, it's my favorite phrase,
most meaningful now, in this time and place;
respect for all people, dignity too,
that's what's in it, for me and you.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment