Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The calendar...

....says it's Tuesday, and the forecast indicates bleak,
so I better get this out, while I have the right to speak,
so I sit here, hunkered over, this plastic keyboard,
what am I going to say? What is the next word?

You know it's not always easy to do this every night,
but then again I started this, maybe I'm not just 'right';
but it's a fun thing to do, share my thoughts with you,
because mama said I couldn't write, but you can see I do.

It takes a little practice and making up some stuff,
but with a little patience it really isn't tough;
the rhyming comes to me easy, almost naturally,
so I write this thing in verse, I can do it readily.

And, of course, I can push a button, you know, the purple kind,
we always need to be aware, and keep our friends in mind;
they don't know it's me or you who helps provide their food,
but we know, you and I, it helps promote a good mood.

It has become common to see folks that aren't like 'us',
we need to accept them, without making such a fuss;
so they do things the way we don't, it doesn't make it wrong,
learn to Live and Let Live, it will make you look strong.

Smile! (the heck with the weather man)

No comments:

Post a Comment