Saturday, December 26, 2009

Well.....

....Christmas is over! Just like that!
according to Hollie, it's now old hat,
she is taking down her nice tree,
Valentines Day, on the way, you see.

That's where it ended on a Friday Night,
who were we, to put up a fight;
if she want's it over, then over it is,
you should have seen my card, that said Gee Whiz.

The cards a whole story unto itself,
bought by my wife, delivered by elf,
it shown a line of old cowboys, you see their backs,
as onto a fence, they empty their bladder sacks.

When I got up on Christmas morning, I was a little bit late,
slept until twelve-twenty (am), but that was my fate;
I drove on over to Saint Marys' school,
to an Alca-thon, those things do rule!

I got in five meetings, in the same number of hours,
the tables were decorated with small trees and flowers,
it was an incredible few hours spent with some friends,
I'd go to more, if there were any, but that depends.

And I pushed that button, as in every day,
to feed the wee critters, there's no other way,
for those shelter pets to get some good food,
I can't ignore them, that would be rude.

If you missed the big meeting, do not delay,
there are numerous meeting, held every day,
come on in and enjoy the great atmosphere,
when you leave, you'll be ready to cheer.

Enjoy - Boxing Day

No comments:

Post a Comment