Sunday, December 20, 2009

Good morning...

...to one and all, midnight just got here,
so I can say good morning without any fear,
I've been up an hour, don't get in a fright;
it's my routine, I do that every night.

Yesterday the phone rang, someone called to wish...
...me happy birthday, and to give another dish;
yes - it was Hollie the "grand mistress of all",
now, just think about it, why would she call?

"So how you been?" "Happy Birthday Dad";
I got the feeling that I was about to be "had";
"Want to do something with me, tonight, Dad?"
"or, how about tomorrow" she can sound sad.

After I told her that my hip was sore,
and I didn't want to visit any store;
I passed the phone call to my wife
and Hollie proceeded to occupy my life.

New Years Day is a Friday,
usually a Friday Hollie day;
but there would be no program,
we'll spend more time together, what do you say?

If Dad and I go to lunch on January first,
we could just smile and talk, what could be worse?
So January first, she would like to say,
what are we going to do on -  Valentines Day!

You see she's always thinking, way ahead of you and I;
by Valentines it will be Easter, or the Fourth of July!
Then she believes in Christmas, the one in July,
or maybe a trip on Labor Day, believe me, this is not a lie.

So I had a happy birthday, and I had to smile,
I know what she was thinking, minute by the mile,
so if you need a "planner", just give me a call,
I can recommend someone, who is a real doll.

Have you pushed the purple button yet today?
I don't want to be nagging, but what do you say?
It's importand that we remember to do that every day,
the critters need that food and stuff, there is no other way.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment