Friday, December 18, 2009

I quit....

....trying to be hip a long time ago,
now it's come back to haunt me, don't you know;
only this time it's the real hip that's here,
some soft tissue injury, getting out of a chair!

So I'll be home for a couple of days,
have to stem the wanderlust and slow down my ways;
there are things to keep me busy, and some sleepy time too,
and if that's not enough, the wife will tell me what to do.

But I can still push buttons, the purple kind too,
now I need you to join in, that will make two,
those little critters need our help, and it don't cost a dime;
all it takes is some effort, and a minutes time.

I continue to be bothered by the acts of some,
who, for some reason, act rather dumb;
they don't like to see differences that make up human kind,
they'd like to see everyone be like them, and of a like mind.

But that will never happen - people aren't like that,
some are black and some are white, some like to wear a hat;
we are all different in a lot of ways, and we want to give,
up a chant for all of us: Live and Let Live!

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment