Sunday, January 3, 2010

I think….

….I'll go to Florida, and get out of the snow,
the only trouble is - I don't know how to go,
if I can find the way, it wouldn't do any good,
just found out in Florida, they don't even burn wood.

Something is so wrong there -- I can hardly catch my breath,
if they don't burn any wood, won't they freeze to death?
What's that you say? It doesn't get that cold?
Don't expect me to believe that! Even though I'm old.

Maybe, then, I'll stay right here and put up a good fight,
at least here I am sure that I'll be warm at night.
And if it's always sunny, and I don't believe that at all;
How could you tell if it was summer, or maybe even fall?

It must be some awful, to have no seasons at all,
I think if I lived there, I'd break right down and bawl;
and what do people do, down in all that heat,
the food must be awful, 'cause the heat will spoil the meat.

Oh! They got refrigeration? Well, that makes a difference then,
that takes care of the food, but what about us men?
Air conditioners you say? Just imagine that,
probably so cold - you would have to wear a hat!

Guess if I had my druthers I'd choose to stay right here,
anyways in the fall - we can always hunt for deer,
but maybe just a small vacation, that might be alright;
but will all that sun out, how do you sleep at night?

No comments:

Post a Comment