Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday...

...Monday, without it not much gets done,
all the workers work, under the gun,
now that's really different from my point of view,
I had always enjoyed working, with exceptions too.

Retirement is boring when Monday rolls around,
there's nothing to complain about, still, no sound,
I really don't miss any of that stuff,
by the final retirement, I had had enough!

Now, Monday's a blessing, life begins again, up from the null,
sometimes on weekends things are very dull;
unless your teams playing and the games are on TV,
the news isn't newsy and there's not much else to see.

But on this past weekend, Congress left a seat,
trying like crazy to finally use their feet,
try to work together, not much chance of that,
argue, fight, argue - now that's old hat.

Settle their differences, not a chance in hell,
but this time they voted - quick! Ring the bell,
a bill has been passed, nothing short of historic,
but no celebration.  Everyone is stoic.

Finally there's insurance for the uninsured,
help for the out of work, some help has been restored,
but the vote was one sided, there is still disillustion,
some would rather fight, then be part of the solution.

So many differences, sadly won't be undone,
the United States Congress - just doesn't get it done,
patisan politics - truly sad to see,
does it bother you? Or, is it just me?

So life goes on, piece meal as it is,
and Congress struggles to show a little fizz;
the system seems to be broken, is there a fix?
vote them out or vote them in, it's a awful mix!

But I'll still go my way, it's my life after all,
try to help others, pride goes before the fall,
if you don't believe it, ask Tiger how that works,
he's finally getting started, by fits and jerks.

You and I can push the buttons, a daily chore,
then we'll help others, add to our score,
what's you favorite color, yellow or pink?
Mine is the purple, at least that's what I think.

If you see a person, down trodden and sad,
who doesn't want your help, sullen and bad;
maybe it's your Representative to Congress that you see,
they should be digusted, just like you and me.

The coffees good.

No comments:

Post a Comment