Thursday, March 25, 2010

There was...

...plenty or the rain and snow, that I don't like,
three hundred eighty miles, most of it on the 'pike;
not a day for travel, we went just the same,
to a designated place, so she could leave Maine.

Rhonda the older daughter is on her way home,
headed back to Florida, never more to roam,
we had a great visit with her and the others,
I think it's a special thing, especially for mothers.  (dad's too)

There wasn't much walking done, between the drops and flakes,
at least there's no need to worry, about attacks from snakes,
just a little here and there, round and through a store,
todays the first time in many, my feet aren't too sore.

I was glad to get back, to our humble home,
just in time to answer another silent phone;
why does the damn thing ring when there's nobody there?
Of course I just hang up! But, I have to leave my chair!

This morning I think it's time to push one or two....
...of those pretty buttons, won't you join me too;
there are plenty to choose from, which one is the best?
That's an easy answer, push them all, and take a rest.

If you see a person in clothes torn and threadbare,
what is there that you can do, to show them that you care?
Donate to a shelter, food pantry, you can give,
helping another thats: Live and Let Live.

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment