Monday, April 19, 2010

Baseball...

...ain't for sissies, if you're a Red Sox fan,
because what they're doing can't be in the plan,
but if they had a hitting coach that knew what to do,
maybe they could hit the ball, at least a time or two.

If pitchers could pitch the way the should,
and strike out batters, if only they could;
maybe they could win a game,
the present product is terribly lame!

Enough about those Beantown clowns,
but it stresses me out watching their ups and downs;
knowing there's nothing that I can do,
and knowing that you can't do too.

It's kind of chilly outdoors and in,
our thermostat has taken a whim,
to not perform it's single task,
a little heat is all I ask.

And so life goes on, and rightfully so,
batters can't bat, and pitchers can't throw;
and now I'm sitting in a chilly room,
but I know things will get better soon.

So, I guess, while in that frame of mind,
I'll think less of me and do something kind,
push a few buttons, and look what it's for;
a few short seconds - can mend a war.

There's a recommended approach to take,
when trying to overcome lifes rough wake;
don't try to do stuff in a backwards fashion,
First Things First - an importand lesson.

Smile! - we didn't bet money on that team!

No comments:

Post a Comment