Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Is it....

....Wednesday already? Boy, time flies fast,
it doesn't seem that long ago, but it's way back in the past;
I notice as I grow older that time don't last,
it seems almost like magic, things happen so fast.

Nothing much remarkable today to write about,
I guess I need to explore some stuff that has a lot of clout,
but where would I find that, silly me would ask,
why not try the Red Sox, are they up to the task?

They were on when I got up tonight/today,
boldly going in the ninth, waiting for a double play,
the some new kid came up, pinch hitter with two outs,
he banged it high up on the wall, the crown broke out in shouts.

He drove in the winning run, this kid,
and the team expressed it's joy, for what the kid did,
now he has a memory that will last for life,
pinch hitter in the ninth, ended days of strife.

So, thank you kid, I don't know your name,
but I'll find it out today, about your fleeting fame,
maybe now the team will settle down a bit,
you're the man of the hour, with that single hit!

Now let's not forget, it button pushing time,
I hope you'll do that, I'm going to do mine,
and then I'll be thankful, for lots of different things,
and grateful for each day I have, whatever it brings.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment