Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Patriots Day in Boston

Monday in Maine, and one other state,
it was a holiday, it's their common trait,
when the Red Sox stepped into the fray;
helping the Rays celebrate - Patriots day.


A pop up fly I watched unfurl
the outfielder worked the play like second grade girl
it was inviting for the Rays batter appeal,
because no one was working in the outfield.


The game had almost just begun,
the Rays scored run after run,
six runs at the end of the third inning,
I have a feeling they’re just beginning.


It’s embarrassing watching this team,
or, maybe I’m just having a really bad dream
Francona could hide in his office kind of like a shield,
he doesn't seem to care what goes on in the field.


Well, I'll be a son of a gun,
Hermida just hit a home run,
it must be some kind of mistake,
who knows what punishment he'll take?


There's a NESN promo, that's right off the wall,
they show David Ortiz, hitting a ball,
I don't know how they fabricate that,
but I guess when you work with the Sox, it must be old hat.


Now, at the end, the game is done,
Rays 8 Sox 2 - series four to none;
in the ninth it was Ortiz, Beltre and Drew,
I guess I'll stand and give a loud BOOO!

Cheer on your team.

No comments:

Post a Comment