Sunday, April 18, 2010

It was....

...little different than other Hollie Days,
she was herself, in all of her ways;
she had a new book, received as a gift,
Presidents, the subject, did not cause a rift.

She need only two, Nixon and Ford,
on red paper for Republicans, good lord!
And the needed snack, which really wasn't much,
just the iced coffee, yogurt, a muffin and such.

The, what's next? Wal-Mart of course,
out of the car, outrunning a horse,
get that new CD, or the first one, I don't know,
Miranda Lambert, sings country, there you go.

Projects all mounted, waiting for the heat,
but Staples opens a nine, got some time to beat,
let's go over to Target, take a look around,
oh! My goodness! Look what I've found!...

..Miranda's second CD! Of course it's round!
so we just walked up and down, around,
and then there's the dryboard, it only cost a buck,
then some snack bars- strawberry pomogranate, oh, what luck.

Then it's time! It's nine o'clock and Erics ready,
the machine is heated up, the temp is high and steady,
projects are out, all eight of them, through the heat,
until each one, encased in plastic, ain't that neat?

Then some walking, over in the mall,
all the way around, no stooping, standing tall,
it's hard to slow her down, so I can go my pace,
one thing about Hollie - she's always in a race.

Then over to A C Moore, got a magnet and a pin,
let's go to Old Navy - I need a "flag shirt" again,
finally time for lunch, in Old Town this time,
stopped in to Wendy's, fine food for the fine.

Well, Dad, just a minute, I've got two more,
can I do them please? In the Airport Mall Store?
So on we go, typical as can be,
let's do the two, no more, get ready!

Then, those done, Job Lots is very near,
no much she wanted, got out, free and clear.
Time to go home, it's been a busy day,
no, not much difference, just the same old way.

But, Sunday, today, I get out to walk alone,
and, oh, I didn't tell you -- this dog got the bone!
What time did I get up? Oh, you won't believe!
One in the morning! I ain't kiddin'! Geeze!

I must have been tired, all that running 'round,
but, energy renewed, I'll push the buttons around,
I'll do them all, one color than the next,
push buttons fast, like a teen can text.

Walking will be fine, the weather's still cool,
but today's not as cold, so I won't look a fool,
maybe five miles is in the plan today,
and I'm going to make it, I'll go all the way.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment