Friday, April 23, 2010

Crazy!...

...sleeping hours have finally done me in,
when I go to bed, I don't know when I'll be up again;
last night I got up it was just after eight,
I may have been confused, went back to bed and got up late.

I have no idea what made me think,
or, do you suppose, I've gone over the brink?
I'll be darned, if I have a clue,
so I'll just live with it, it's all I can do.

Other than my "sleep" things everythings okay,
so...I'll take a little walk, and it's a Hollie Day;
I did the list she gave me, got things up to snuff,
but there are only 4 things - you know that's not enough.

Now the coffees ready, I'm really need a cup,
maybe that will help me know which end is up.
But, alas, it decaf, no brain jarring drug;
so what good does it do, to chug-a-lug?

Well, it tastes like coffee, I guess that's okay,
and I'll have a "real" cup, later on today.
So I'll go and look up the game score,
wondering if the Red Sox can win anymore.

No, they lost, three to one's the final,
left the pitcher in too long, his arm turned to vinyl.
They let him throw too many times,
and the Texas bats just rung his chimes.

It didn't help that the team, only had six hits, out of thirty-one at bats;
kind of makes me wonder, what they've got beneath their hats,
but baseball is a game - that often goes astray,
or maybe, just maybe, they have to learn to play.

I think I'll start the day off right, I have buttons on my mind,
yes, you know the ones of the electronic kind;
push each different tab, they can easily be seen,
and you know and I do, second in on the right is green.

Please don't turn your back if a stranger comes, please break the ice,
maybe he needs to shake a hand, say hello and be nice.
There's no need to shut them out, do your "duty chores",
simply welcome them and say this chair is yours!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment