Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's Saturday...

...in the city, must be in the country too,
a Hollie Day for me, I don't know about you,
we're going to hang around pretty close to home,
holiday weekends are not the time to roam.

I don't like he heavy traffic on I-95,
if that's all there was, I don't think I'd drive;
they're all in a hurry, with no place to go,
so click it or ticket, don't be the average Joe.

so we'll just go to Bangor, not some othere place,
and just keep our car from being in the race,
we have things to do, Hollie has a list,
that means I'll need more money than I can hold in my fist.

So, good luck if you're driving, or some other travel way,
just remember the cops are out there, careful you don't have to pay;
and enjoy some good weather this Memorial Day,
and for the troops still serving, please take time to pray.

And we can remember those who served us well,
take some time to thank them, then rest for a spell,
you don't have to hurry, take it easy, that's the way;
enjoy life at it's fullest, at least I've had my say.

Be good to you neighbor, Live and Let Live;
and go push those buttons, you've a lot to give,
and it's free, it just involves some time;
so please take a minute, and I'll go do mine.

Enjoy! :}

day 380 of this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment