Saturday, May 15, 2010

People are....

asking, where have I been,
so, maybe, this is the place to begin,
a TIA, mini stroke, and a short trip to town,
and there I was in a hospital gown.

Oh, what a sight to behold,
there should be rules, for someone this old;
the thing had one tie, it was way at the top,
where in the hell was my fat going to flop?

And there were tests and procedures of course,
at a pace that would have worn out a really fast horse,
an MRI scan to look at my brain,
I'll bet they don't want to see that again.

The result was "no damage", from this incident,
they could have found some, if backwards they went;
and a ultra-sound of the coratid arteries as well,
rubbed the jelly in, took a look, all was just swell.

Then, of course, I was invited to stay,
because tomorrow, more tests on the way,
I didn't sleep much, it was a heck of a night,
but they did manage to cut out the light.

My sleep habits are so out of whack,
besides, I could only lay on my back;
there were electrodes and an oxygen hose,
how do sleep with that, do you suppose?

Now the next morning, which to me was real late,
I waited and waited to be shot out of the gate,
then my "ride" came and took me downstairs,
for an echo cardiogram, on my back, no chairs.

Upstairs again to Grant Five was the place,
in my bed while "they" move at their own pace,
the "doc" came to see me, and, this is real dumb;
I had to explain that my whole head was numb!

So then I waited for my next "ride",
if I'd shut my mouth, I'd been outside,
finally the "ride" came and took me on down,
all of while flapping in the back of my gown.

In MRI, again, the gal asks me why,
didn't I have pants, no was my reply,
this time they scanned the bones in my neck,
looking for the right chokehold, I suspect.

A lot of arthritis is what they found,
in one of the vertebrea the hole is not round,
the old thing is squeezing a bundle of nerves,
and one of those is lacking, it's my head it serves.

So, now I'm back, and glad to be too,
I'd much rather be writing these words for you,
it was quite an adventure, most of it good,
lesson: never put off doing, that which you should.

There were some good things that came from this,
the staff were most gracious, I was almost in bliss,
the food was terrific, there should be no jokes,
wonderful workers, describes those folks!!

So, that's where I've been, I got home late at night,
and yesterday up at first light,
so, I didn't post, tired but free from that place,
now I'm back, writing, keeping up with the pace.

So, if you see Hollie, she doesn't know,
there's no sense in telling her, she worries so,
try some of the lying 101 with her,
my knees out of whack - is my story to her.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment