Monday, May 10, 2010

There are...

....times when I should eat my words,
and admit my impressions are for the birds,
then again, maybe I wasn't so wrong.
Now- what was the name of that song?

The song seems familar, stuck in my head,
the damn thing may stick there until I am dead,
it's all about Red Sox and scores of the game,
and about Celtics, how close to the edge they came.

But yesterday, I now understand,
both teams won games, I have it first hand;
in fact one basketball player tied a record of sorts,
a big triple double - that's a big one in sports.

Rajon Rondo is one heck of a player,
when he gets real good, the opponent does not have a prayer,
which 29 points, 18 rebounds and 13 assists.
what more could I possibly add to this list?

Those are high numbers that only 3 players have reached,
Oscar Robinson, Wilt Chamberland, now Rondo have breached,
the high game of playing a magnificent sport - too.....
...much to handle for this old geezerly fool.

So I must have had a good night,
I went to sleep without much of a fight,
got up and ten-thirty, watched the rest of the game,
the Red Sox made it look kind of tame.

So now I'll have time to push a button or two,
oh, I guess the green, or maybe the blue,
how about red, purple or maybe yellow,
how about you, are you a giving "fellow"?

And let's think for a moment, what else can we give?
Oh! That's right! Live and Let Live!
That means that all people are nowhere near the same,
each of us plays, our own type of game!

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment