Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Have you...

...ever carried an umbrella for five miles?
Guaranteed not to make you full of smiles.
I guess I should have been singing the movie song,
and danced at each lightpost as I went along.

Today should be better, a little not much,
but it shouldn't be raining and as such...
..won't offer a chance for me to repeat...
..a wet five mile walk.  But it beats the heat.

So I'll go for a walk, have a coffee for rest,
walk some more, then a meeting, which is the best;
run some errands, which are not much work,
come back home and don't act like a jerk.

I find it important as I go along in this life,
to try to get along with people, including my wife;
there's no real reason people should fight,
yet some people do it, night after night.

Maybe because they don't understand,
or, if confused, think it's the law of the land.
But, for what ever reason, I have no doubt,
you can't solve a problem with a fist or a shout!

So, take time today to show people you care,
it doesn't take effort, and you don't need a dare;
everyone is important, and we should give...
thanks to them all. Live and Let Live.

Smile ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment