Friday, July 2, 2010

The power...

...is on, finally, and it's about time,
what a waste of "that" time of mine;
a sub-station blew, somewhere I don't know,
the power went out, glad it's not forty below.

It went out at eleven yesterday AM,
don't know when it came back again,
went to bed at five, and it was still out,
when it comes to that, I just don't have clout.

It's: "those things happen", and I guess that they do,
it's not supposed to happen to me, it's supposed to be you!
Well I'm glad it's over and not out still,
but my afternoon sure went downhill.

But...I worked on a painting, I hadn't got to,
so the time wasn't wasted, I had thing to do;
read from a book and a newspaper report;
Gosh! How many people get taken to court?

Well, that's the saga of July first,
for those with an odd knowledge thirst;
this is my fancy way of saying hello,
but now that you're here, please don't go.

Wait 'til I tell you which buttons I push,
and how, one time, I got up off my tush;
I did some actual work, once in my life,
but it won't happen again, I've got a wife.

Smile & enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment