Saturday, July 3, 2010

Yikes!...

...I think I set a record, no wait!
there's no record setting here, that is not my fate.
I did get up a trifle late, oh, 12:30 or so,
that's certainly no reason, to let my whistle blow!

It could be a "modern day" record of some sort,
I can't prove it in any court, is that some kind of tort,
well, anyway, I really did sleep in,
guess listening to Hollie, caused quite a din.

Now, the Red Sox have won again,
with ten injured on the DL, they win!
Those are mostly starting players, I state,
on the DL there.  And, they're still great.

Heaven knows how they've managed to pull it off,
a bit of luck maybe, too, but, lest you scoff....
only a half game out, of the cherished first place,
they could, before the All-Star game, be in first place.

Well, slow down here, we've got things to do,
let's push some buttons, together, me and you.
Pick a tab, there up on top, choose one or the other,
you can help them one or all, or your favorite mother.

And don't forget to wave to your nearby neighbor,
maybe they're off to work, having to labor;
maybe they're 'different' than you, in some way,
just Live and Let Live, and give a friendly wave.

Enjoy (weather permiting) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment