Monday, July 12, 2010

I can...

...hardly wait, I'm chomping at the bit,
open up the gate! The weather is a hit!
No more rainey days, no more cloudless skies,
if we can believe reports that are full of lies.

I'm have hope that the weather gods smile on us,
send the bad stuff home on the first Greyhound bus;
we are sick and tired of this gol-durned rain,
don't those gods know, that it causes pain?

Ah! But! I do think we got a break,
those weather gods eased up on the brake,
maybe it's still too warm, I'd call it hot;
maybe there's a northwest breeze, that'll help a lot.

And the Red Sox won, now it's All-Star time,
all the big guys show up in Anahiem;
for me it's a break, there are other things to do,
the "old girl" wants a list, so I'll pay my due.

Over in France, the alpine climb begun,
Lance fell three times, so he hardly won,
it would have been his day, he excels at these,
so Tuesday's a day to watch, he'll take the cheese.

The World Cup Final was a dad-blasted joke,
I've never seen a game, where both teams choke!
Falling on the gound, fake injuries were everywhere,
no wonder "Yanks" don't watch, or don't even care.

Well, that's enough from me, tune in tomorrow,
there'll be wisdom here, or absolute sorrow;
one never knows, what the day will bring,
I'm going for a walk, and hear the birdies sing!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment