Friday, July 16, 2010

I could...

...swear I heard, they were ahead by nine runs,
but Texas beat them, seven two, sons of a guns.
So I learn that what I hear while I'm asleep,
just plain isn't true, it's nothing I should keep.

With a list of injured players, longer than my arm,
manned with players good or bad, brought in from the farm,
the Red Sox have managed to stay in food stead,
and they are far from ready, to put this thing to bed.

In the meantime there are two things, worth watching on TV,
the Tour de France, is going strong, and it interests me,
or the British Open, at St. Andrews this year,
if you're watching that, there are reasons to cheer.

But, today's a Hollie Day, all morning long,
she'll be the one to put me back where I belong.
We have much to talk about, it'll be a busy time,
with her projects in her mind, and me left in mine.

I'll get a walk in before all that, something to look to,
as a form of exercised, with meditation in there too;
just a plain and simple walk, couple of miles or more,
then a cup of coffee, hot and black and pure.

Before all that can take place, there is coffee here,
what a welcome time it is, there's a reason to cheer;
and a little oatmeal, it'll start the day off right,
I should be walking, when it starts getting light.

Keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment