Thursday, September 30, 2010

The other day...

....I was watching a show (Sports Nation), and saw something strange,
a "critter video", I thought I was off my range,
it was kind of small, but had very large eyes,
and lives in trees, eats insects and fruit, like wide open skies.

It was a Loris, have you heard of those,
from India and Asia, where nobody knows....
...if they were extinct, or just hidden away,
there are still a few here, we'll help them stay.
You lookin' at me? You lookin' at ME?
Their eyes are large because they're out at night,
usually alone, they are not known to fight;
they move very slow, I don't think they could run,
go to Indonesia, see one in person, would that be fun?

I'm going to fall, I just know it.
They look like they worry, and maybe they do,
if you lived in a tree, you'd worry too;
these small primates have created a fuss,
but nobody wonders if they could be like us.

Oh my God!, It's two branches down!  Ohhhhh, I'm slipping!
So there you have it, information to use,
you may use it however you choose,
you can forget them, say 'what do I care',
or you could push a button, if you're willing to share.

Go to www.theanimalrescuesite.com and you'll see...
tabs at the top, just made for people like me,
there's a 'Rainforest' tab that you can select,
and help critters like these, and they won't call collect.

Push all of the buttons, there's one for each tab,
it will cost you nothing, it's free, you can still catch your cab;
you can help people in the same way,
www.kiva.com, but you'd have to pay.

Enjoy, all of the critters.


No comments:

Post a Comment