Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Something....

...is going on here, I'm not sure what it is,
maybe it's the medicine, it makes me take a whiz;
or maybe it's the weather, too warm and damp,
or could it be the switch on this little lamp.

Odd things can happen, even as we talk,
for instance there's a bicycle that's been made to walk,
isn't that sort of like a rooster than can lay an egg?
Or, maybe it could keep you from breaking a leg.
See? Here it is. I told you so, very strange, but true,
and please take notice - some shoes are blue,
I don't think they're suede, but they're blue enough,
and I want you to know I don't make up this stuff.

So how about a sheep race?  Want to see one of those?
We won't know who the winner is, or how he was chose;
some of them have riders, others are alone,
but I'm telling you the truth, I want that to be known.
And...they're off, headed toward the line,
I think the rider in pink is really doing fine;
it's not a long race, just a quarter of a mile,
and when they finish, well, do you think they smile?

Looking for a parking space can cause you to frown,
well, not where I live, I don't live in town,
but in a big city, where parking space is tight,
people double up, and some get in a fight.

See?  Even at the Post Office! That must be Bangor Maine,
one had no parking, and at the new one it's insane.
Now don't get me wrong, Bangor's a nice place,
but when there is no parking...well..join the race!

Enjoy - the odds and ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment