Sunday, April 29, 2012

"..on a Sunday morning sidewalk"

That, I believe, is part of one line of an old Johnny Cash song (the title), so that's what I'm about to do.
Friday was a rainy day and I got to walk indoors (yuk), and yesterday was a Hollie day, but I still managed to do a bit over four miles.  Today will be kind of chilly, around 30 or 32 degrees, but the wind is down so it may be okay.  Cold temps I can live with, well not real cold, but the wind can be brutal even though I only face it in one direction or the other.
  I think I'll walk in Brewer, that road is reasonably level and of course it has a sidewalk.  I'll see if the worms and slugs from the rainy day are gone.  I also can do some bird watching over there, it's the time of year when the Warblers pass through or come back.  Very colorful birds, but also very small and hard to catch a glimpse of.
  There is a place I want to walk that's new to me, Hirundo Wildlife Refuge, in a nearby town, but not today because the car is needed for other work.  There are 2400 acres out there, with many trails of varying length.  Some of those trails are over or near water, there should be all kinds of birds out there, we shall see.
Common Yellowthroat.  Photo from Bangor Daily News, 4/28/12

No comments:

Post a Comment