Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Idle hands and the devils work......

Pushaw Stream, Hirundo Wildlife Refuge  www.hirundomaine.org
  That's a photo of what I expect today when I go to Hirundo for a look-see, of course there won't be any blue sky, it's a cloudy day.
  The title refers to yesterday.  I was in town for a 2.3 mile walk and coffee with the gang, but Linda had the car from about 7:15AM until after noon, or noon, or well.......I don't remember.
  So I went for another walk up the road around the corner on Kenduskeag Road to take a look at Black Stream, which is running high and fast.  On the way home I stopped at the Post Office and took the junk mail home to shred.  I shred anything that has a name, address or other personal information.  There is so much junk mail from credit card and insurance companies that never bothered with me when I was younger, they like old people, especially geezers.
  I took a shower, cut my own hair; with a specially designed hair cutter that is curved and used with one hand; I did a so so job.  I did start a load of laundry and put some of it in the dryer and took some outdoors.  I finally finished a painting that I've been working, or not working, on for a month.  I took another short walk - and wasted some more time.
  I guess if you were to interrogate me you would find that most of my time would be considered wasted any way, that's what geezers do.

No comments:

Post a Comment