Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"What'll I do......"

Red.  PortlandPressHerald photo - click
  I might make "Red" my next project, but still have not made up my mind.  I could do the house project over, I have cropped the photo and will paint only the house, no bushes, no grass.  I could also surprise myself and do something I haven't even seen yet.
  The "What'll I do...." title is part of a line from an OLD song, around World War 2 I think, it was about a woman missing her boyfriend.  Try to listen to it on You Tube - lot's of good stuff on there.
I have listened to a wide variety of songs on there, ones that I remember from years gone by.  At times that prompts me to buy a CD by Gogi Grant or Percy Faith.  I listen to Ernest Tubb and the Texas Playboys sing "Waltz across Texas", or anything by Vern Gosdin or Patty Montana - - now that's some old stuff.  I only like music I remember the words (some of them) to; since I lost a lot of hearing anything new is unintelligeble, some of it's like that anyway I suppose.
  Anyhow, that's a wrap.  Have a nice day, stay cool and get some exercise.

I just looked up "What'll I do" it was written by Irving Berlin in 1924, it came back in the movie "Great Gatsby" in the 1980's, Linda Ronstadt has a great version, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment