Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Can you explain this?

 Yesterday I watched the New York Yankees host the Washington Nationals.  I suppose I was looking for punishment but I did make some observations and recalled some earlier memories.  While I was looking at the people in the stands I was in recall as the fans of NYY seem to mirror my conception of all people of New York City, they're different.  The citizens of NYC seem to don a public image of upper crust, highly educated, and at the same time flamboyant behavior.  I guess it's because they (the New Yorkers) seem to think that's what's expected of them.  They are some different than people in Bangor, Maine or Lexington Park, Maryland or Omaha, Nebraska, completely different.
  Then I thought about my least favorite people.  Those people inhabit the City of San Francisco where snobbery is a city-wide project.  If you are not from there stay out, get out, you're not welcome in our place.  Thank you very much.  At least that's my take on the place.  Second are the patrons of the 5G bar in either San Leandro or San Lorenzo who stated "we got the missiles out of Cuba, now we have to get you guys out of here".  I still remember that 55 years later.  Oh well.
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment