Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Just maybe I was a bit hasty

Winter color, mussel shell on Mackworth Island
Photo: Tim Greenway, Portland Press Herald
  I went to a meeting yesterday and we talked about negativism, and I thought maybe I was just a little over the line yesterday about San Francisco.  It's a nice place, but, the people are not as nice as the place.  There.
  During the meeting I also remembered former Vice President Spiro Agnew and his statement about news reporters, "the nattering nabobs of negativism" were his words.  Just think of me as a news reporter, after all I've had two courses in Journalism - that should count.
  We here in the great State of Maine are still waiting on the final word from Old Man Winter, and we're not liking what we've heard so far.  We're still waiting for the old guy to make nice with Mother Nature.  Still waiting?  Have a seat.
People are waiting on Mackworth Island too.
Photo: Tim Greenway, Portland Press Herald

No comments:

Post a Comment