Saturday, October 31, 2009

I don't know how...

....much you'd want to know about what I did today,
and if you asked me, there wouldn't be much to say,
I did some walking this morning, and had my coffee too;
and I went to a meeting, a good one, how about you?

The rest of the day was resting, my foot and my knee,
the old buggers hurt today, aging don't you see;
I guess there is nothing anyone can do,
to make my old joints feel better, when I put on a shoe.

That's they invented acceptance, a wise word is that,
some things change over time, and that is a fact!
So maybe I'll slow down some, and I don't want to,
but maybe it's just a matter of mind over shoe.

Today will be a Hollie Day, I tell you all tomorrow,
whether there was joy to be had, or was it all sorrow,
and it'll be a holiday, and those are all important date,
she tracks each one each year, and tells you how they rate.

She wants to be given a card that she picks out,
and I'm sure she will open it, without much of a shout;
and she tells me to surprise her, with about twenty bucks,
when someone picks their own surprise, it's just oh shucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment