Monday, October 26, 2009

There must be....

....some way to keep track,
of all of the things that get out of whack;
it's hard to imagine that some things go right,
just because some idea takes flight.

I'll use for example, something real sad,
the Yankees just beat the Angels, that's bad;
but why did that happen, what could have gone wrong?
Find the answer in the words of a song.

And that song sure as hell ain't Everything is Beautiful;
is that fair to say? Yes, it's fair and it's just, and long overdue;
Now we will cheer the Phillies on! Right?
We want them to put up a fight!

There is baseball, it's just a game,
there are things more important, that I can name;
human suffering, pirates, wars and wasted money,
I could go on - but this stuff's not funny.

So why do I pay such attention to...
...a game played by two teams, it doesn't matter who;
when there are serious things going on at the same time,
I guess it just gives more reason to whine.

Now that I've got that out of the way,
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
I'm going walking, and some coffee too,
Now - if I can just get that ball out of my shoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment