Thursday, January 28, 2010

The coffee..

....was ready, so I had one cup,
then proceeded to heat breakfast up,
I got up hungry at ten thirty last morning/night,
now I feel better, I'll be all right.

Yesterdays weather was still pretty good,
so I went for some walking, I knew I should;
seven and a half miles in weather like that,
a piece of cake, but I needed a hat.

Today will be pretty much the same,
snow coming tonight - Oh, what a shame,
it'll bury the sidewalks that I use in town,
it'll take more than that to shut my walking down.

How about giving - a lot of thought,
to helping your neighbors, or pets that've been brought,
into the shelters, now over crowded and not free;
we need to push buttons to help. Don't you see?

Say please and thank you, pick up after yourself too,
good words and deeds will work better for you,
simple acts of kindness and smiles,
will help you along, life will have less trials.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment