Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Singing...

...in the rain!  What a rainy night it's been,
almost over now, the wind is almost a has been,
I slept in late, eleven thirty to be exact,
waiting for my coffee, and that's a fact.

I've hot the pot started, now I sit and wait,
do you suppose it was intended, that this is my fate?
That's not important, the thought's a waste of time,
but when that pot's done brewing the coffee is all mine.

Yesterday to Togus, home of the VA,
the visit was a good one, that's what I say,
got my new ear pieces for my hearing aids,
drove back in the rain, didn't need my shades.

So no big plans for my day, just the way I like it,
meeting, coffee, errands and time to get fit,
by walking somewhere if the rain will quit,
it's getting tiresome, but I won't have a fit.

Time now for my daily button pushes,
and you don't I don't have to beat the bushes,
it's simple and it's easy - they both mean the same,
so no redundancy has crept into the game.

Oh boy! The coffees ready, I'll get some right away,
and drink it up, while I plan my day.
If I see someone new, I'll go shake his hand,
maybe it's someone who will learn the lay of the land.

Please feel free to comment, leave email address for reply

No comments:

Post a Comment