Saturday, January 30, 2010

"So....

..., how you been Dad", I've heard it a lot,
the pharse should be trademarked, it could be bought;
that's how the day started, yesterday that is,
start with a bang, end with a fizz.

She was wound up, ready to spring...
...into her prime action, cash registers ring!
but "pretty" good to her word, she set a limit,
then had to work hard to keep herself in it.

So did six 'projects' oh, what a time,
she's out of her mind and I'm out of mine,
No, it's not that bad, no, not at all,
if she made her mind up, we could have a ball.

She had five things coated with plastic,
the corners trimmed, looking fantastic!
But, she wanted to do one more,
I could tell by her actions, we were in a store.

So, I agreed to let her go on,
as we headed across town, and beyond,
she changed here mind seven times, that I counted,
during the two mile ride for the sixth one to be mounted.

Then she was happy, but still kind of nuts,
that would be Hollie, no ands, ifs, or buts.
She went to her program all happy and proud,
she'd gotten away with more projects than I had allowed.

Today she goes on a trip to a larger place,
that's why she was in a frantic pace.
She get's excited over what she will do,
I think we all have some of that too.

And me, well I got up at eleven,
and my first cup of coffee, I am having;
I'll take time to go press six buttons to give,
Rain Forest awareness, and food needed to live.

Stay out of the hot sun!!
(wind chill here fourteen below)

No comments:

Post a Comment