Thursday, January 14, 2010

Every....

...once in a while, it's worth an extra look,
that's what the doc told me, he's going by the book,
because I am a geezer, ain't that a pleasant thought;
there going to look inside me, and see what I've got. (or got left)

It's just a screening procedure, a simple test,
and it's going on next Tuesday, a couple of days rest.
An Ultra-sound of my gut, to check an artery,
but there's one thing I don't like, it's just part of me....

....the six hours with no food, but wait the wars not won,
if I get up at midnight, I can eat at one,
the tests at eight, so no food six hours before,
so if, by chance, I sleep in, my body will be a war.

This is a test that the give to men my age, I'm told,
just another example of what happens when you're old;
and any smokers or ones that have quit,
are being told by doctors, to go and get it.

The test is looking at the aortic artery,
looking for a weak spot, that shouldn't be,
so if you are a geezer, a former smoker too,
that this is what will happen, and it will happen to you.

So I'm going to a meeting, after coffee of course,
it's a great place to go, maybe a resource;
any way you look at it, it's the place to be,
and, anyways, there's my fiends to see.

And push those pretty buttons now,
they need help in Haiti, now;
with the food and medicine, see?,
and we can do it all for free.

And it doesn't matter the color of ones skin,
or the expressions of things, it isn't a sin,
if they believe something different than you or I,
Live and Let Live, a motto to go by.

Relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment