Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm sorry...

...I'm late, you see I didn't get up until today,
or, I slept past midnight, that's what I say,
a rare occasion to be sure, in my mind,
just can't imagine what put me behind.

It was Hollie Day yesterday, so here's the whole story,
so how you been, as you know, by the way Dad, in it's glory,
it all starts as it all ends, in Staples with hot plastic...
...the covers the pages of todays most fantastic.

But there was coffee and sandwich at Dunkin Donuts,
before going to the required trip to Walmart, no ifs or buts;
and then on to Target, just killing time,
but she found something, "it's just mine"

Then the big moment finally arrives,
in to the atmosphere where Hollie thrives;
Staples, the Copy Center, is the central attaction,
the site of the most glorious, fun filled action.

Only eleven projects, could be a slow day,
but I know, really, it won't end that way;
Oh Dad I forgot, that I have on hold...
...a book at Borders. so lo and behold!

A book about Regan, for the Clearence Rack,
twenty-five dollar book for three, can't beat that!
On to the mall, half hour before it's open,
three trips around, walking, before the gates broken.

The off the the other side of town,
and in to Wendy's, the food goes down,
and one final stop, are you ready for this?
We're back in Staples, oh, heavenly bliss!!

So while I have the chance to remember all this,
there are buttons to push, I must'nt miss,
there are five colors, on those tabs too,
yellow, green, pink, orange and blue,

Do you have a neighbor, that's different than you?
Does some peoples actions put you in a stew?
Do you sometimes wonder, how do they live?
This answer is simple: Live and Let Live.

Oh....Coffee....mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment