Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm going...

....crazy! Oh, my, what a mess,
what I've just done, you can only guess,
I went ahead and posted for Tehachapi Pete in the wrong place,
I put it this space instead, oh my red face!

I think it's sorted out now, and it took some time,
glad the coffees ready, now all I need's a dime;
maybe I should write just one - blog every day,
but then I'd miss that one too much - so what do you say?

Feel free to leave a comment, right here on this page,
tell me how you would deal, with the signs of age;
all of you are welcome, someone take the lead,
please, please help me, teach me how to read!

Well now...do how you been Dad,
that's what she always says, I guess that's not too bad;
and the Hollie Day began as it always does,
She's in a day dream, of everything she loves.

First it was Tim Hortons, the one on Main Street please,
they have some new way to sell egg, sausage and cheese;
and of course iced coffee, raspberry this time,
and the obligatory donut's bought, it's on daddys dime.

Where to next you say?  You know...that's not too smart!
Of course we drove over to Wal-Mart,
and we got the magazine, Rhinna's in it Dad!
and it's a photo that I've never had!

Now...don't get all excited by what I tell you next,
Staples? Of course! I don't want my life hexed!
Laminated between two sheets of plastic every time,
I don't know how she manages, but Rhinna still looks fine.

Now over to Borders, purveyor of fine books,
there a biography of Martin Luther King, she has given looks,
and oh yes, a book she had on hold,
I wished that she had told me, this is getting old.

So there is something that must now get hot,
between the plastic sheets - believe it or not!
But now she wants to go, to the other side of town,
get in the car and drive Dad, don't let me get you down!

So the thing to laminate is too thick you see,
what is the remedy?  Easy, copy see!
Then you can laminate the copy, easy as pie,
easy for her, don't know about you and I.

And suddenly it's over, over just like that,
we've done all the stuff to do, we've got it right down pat;
so go sit in the parking lot, down by rivers edge,
careful don't step over that solitary ledge.  (I don't know either, but it rhymes)

And that's how it ended, here in the middle of the night,
but I should be happy I've got some light.
Of course I'm always thinking, that's how I've lived my life,
my brain is in motion, but I won't bother my wife.

1 comment:

  1. I have no answers for the way us 65 and older act or forget. Brian

    ReplyDelete