Sunday, January 17, 2010

For the....

...first time since October, I have averaged five miles,
each day last week, enough to make some smiles,
hold on - the coffee's ready - I'll go get a cup;
nice coffee morning now - I'm ready to wake up.

Yesterday was quiet after my walk,
and I took Peggy shopping, she likes to talk,
but after eight thirty in the morning, that is;
not much was accomplished, just changing gears.

Today will be no different, at least that's what I think,
and I hope nothing happens - to cause a big stink.
I'll go do my walking and have some coffee too,
after I go five miles, that's what I do.

After all that excitement, I'll probably watch a game,
Dallas at Minnesota, they're pretty much the same,
I'll root for the Vikings, because I like them better,
so I guess today, I'm just a couch sitter.

But before I go on and relax,
I'll push a few buttons, for that there is no tax!
All those pretty colors, spread acrossed the top,
make it really easy, let's bring hunger to a stop!

Have you been in situations, and didn't know how to act?
To me it happens often, and that's a natural fact;
when I meet new people I'm stand offish at first,
but shake a hand and say hello and don't expect the worst.

1 comment: