Monday, January 11, 2010

Goodbye...

... to football season, it didn't end too well,
at my age you can expect your teams to go to hell,
and that's just what happened a little after noon,
the Patriots tried and lost, season over- too soon.

But that's the way things go 'round here,
some you win, some you lose, always cheer;
that applies to life as well, I tell you a story,
about Larry shopping, and not in his great glory.

I bought a new printer, nice one, so I thought,
but by now I wonder - what hath God wrought.
The machine simply will not turn off,
without gyrations great- cough, cough.

There are many problems, it will go ker-plunk!
It's on the way back to Target, tell them that's it's junk!
So I hooked the old one back up this morning,
it won't print, but you can scan, I give you warning.

So I'm in the market, for something nice and simple,
just want to print and scan. and barely cause a ripple,
I think I've found just the thing, maybe I'll go buy it,
and it better work because - if not, I will simply RIOT!

So there! I feel better now, I've got it off my chest,
maybe the next one will be heavenly blessed!
I got up real early, it was ten o'clock,
but up until that time, I slept like a rock.

I'm going to a meeting, after a four mile walk,
meetings are good, I really need to talk.
I will not be buying anything today,
Linda needs the car.  I think she's trying to get away.

But please take just a little of your precious time,
and push all those buttons, I'm pushing mine;
that all makes a difference, in a lot of lives,
imagine if you couldn't read, or broke out in hives.

Think of all the good that we do together,
you don't need to do anything I say, but I'd rather...
,,,that you pushed the buttons in one single swoop,
and maybe after that, have a bowl of soup.

Smile -  Umm! the coffee's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment